Monday, May 21, 2007

It's Official. I'm Delirious.

Remember a couple weeks ago when I alluded to a secret project?
The secret is out!
I received an email this morning informing me that one of my articles has been selected to go in a new publication in the twin cities. FOR MONEY. The magazine is called, Shattered Glam, and it's a magazine geared toward young women in this area, living all different kinds of lives.
The original release date was June 22, but it sounds like it will be pushed back to August.
The editor wrote this: "By the way, I really liked your hairdresser piece and I thought Blue Cavalier was hilarious. We are trying to figure out how and when we can fit them in. Same with the marriage piece . We’ll let you know."
I'm not making this up!
Editors rarely, if ever, take the time to compliment an author's work. To be honest, I'm more excited about his compliment than actually getting published!
Titles considered for this blog post:
-"Vindication and Validation"
-"Almost Famous"
-"Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"
-"I'm in the Money!"
-"They like me! They really like me!"
-"Fin.al.ly"
-"Take THAT, Engl410!"
-"Should I use my maiden name?"
-"What's the best way to alert old boyfriends (in a nonchalant manner, of course)?"
-"You didn't have to like me, but you did! You did!"
-"Some day I'll tell my students (or fans, or minions) about the first time I got published. I'll laugh to myself about how excited I was and tell them how Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Margaret Atwood randomly saw my first article ever published and personally tracked me down to ask if they could work with me, thus jump-starting my career as a writer." (This one was rejected by blogger due to its length.)

6 comments:

Carla said...

Hey you!! Yeah you!! The Famous Writer Girl That I Know!! I am so excited for you, Erin! I am proud to say that I highlighted those very writings in my Check It Out box. I know talent when I see it!!

kristi noser said...

I thought the surprise was going to be that you were going to take the pregnancy test on the 22nd. But this is good too.
Congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

I am bursting with pride! And all I did was give birth to you and put a crayon in your hand. Can't wait to see your name in print. lovemom

Naomi said...

WAY TO GO ERIN! I am so proud of you, and am delighting in the excitement you are feeling! I can't even see you right now, but man are you glowing! Are we allowed to know which article is getting published? Love you! Good work!

Kristin said...

You ROCK Erin LEIGH! Hey, that's not a bad name to publish under...

Love you, Aunt Kris

Sig. said...

I know what you mean. I get really excited about hand-written rejection letters where the editor says things like, "I like your unique voice and distinct style, but the piece is too long for the fall issue..."

Congrats on the publication!