Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Melinda, I'll Miss you.

OK.
I managed to NOT find out who got kicked off American Idol for a whole week. I plugged my ears when necessary and did NOT peruse Yahoo in an effort to keep myself in the dark. I was waiting for the perfect hour to sit down and watch last Wednesday's AI on Tivo.
Three times, Richard told me he knew who got kicked off, and three times, I covered my ears.
So, last night I laid down on the couch to watch it in preparation for tonight's big finale.
Rich came around the corner and said, "What are you watching?"
I said, "American Idol. I still don't know who got kicked off."
He said, "Oh, it's Melinda."

I know it's probably not very lady-like or mature to lose my temper over a TV show, but I had a hard time keeping my lid on.
I watched it anyway to see if perhaps he was wrong, or pulling my leg.
Alas, Melinda is gone. She was my favorite.

So long, Melinda.
Richard ruined the surprise--
I'm still a big fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are no comments....are you the only person watching AI this year? AI also stands for artificial intelligence......hmm......