Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shoes Blues

One day last week I wore a fairly casual outfit. Brown slacks and a matching shirt--not quite as dressy as usual for me, but I had a lot of heavy lifting planned for that day. With it, I wore some *new* brown Keds MaryJanes. They are DARLING, and went with my outfit perfectly.
Well...they got a LOOK from our VP.
So, I haven't worn them again. I know they are a little too casual, so I won't push it. But NOW every time I talk to him, he conspicuously checks out my shoes. As if I might be wearing hiking boots or something. It's a little annoying.
Someday, when I'm as famous as Steven King, I'll be able to wear anything I want!

Today is my mom's birthday!
Happy Birthday, Mom!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Can we please see a picture of the shoes so we can determine if the VP has a case or is just fashion challenged?

erin said...

I will post a photo next time I wear them.

idnak said...

Erin, you should come work where I do - you can get away with just about anything here. Almost too much.

Lis said...

Hey Erin, it's my birthday today too...yay for birthdays, and I totally agree, someday I will be able to wear what I want to work without feeling uncomfortable in dress code appropriate clothes/shoes...

i'll probably be a mom...lol

sunny100 said...

Belated wishes on your birthday Mom.... I would like if you have presented her with a pair of fashion shoes on her birthday........ Women love it....lol