Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Right Side

For 23 years, I slept on my left side.
It started out of convenience because I sucked my left thumb. (Til I was like, 19. You go ahead and guess if I'm exaggerating...) By the time I stopped sucking my thumb it was such a habit I couldn't break it, not that I thought it was necessary.
And then I got married.
Apparently I snore.
I sleep on the right side of the bed, and if I lay on my left side, which I greatly prefer, I am snoring right in Richard's face. Twice last night he woke me up to tell me to turn back over to my right side.
I'm not gonna lie, folks, I Richard's life is really in danger. If I get woken up one more time...I don't think I can be held responsible for my actions. I miss my single-gal bed where I could stretch out and snore all I wanted.
I'm starting to think ear plugs are in order--for me, so I can't hear Rich complaining!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Erin, this is such a surprise. I am noticing more things everyday that we have exactly in common...
I sucked my thumb until I was about 17 (which means we both stopped the same year), but I was not about to fess up. Glad you went first. The other thing is taste in paint colors. Oh yeah, and jewelry. Oh, and Audrey Hepburn t-shirts...

Anonymous said...

If you watch Grey's Anatomy you will know about Meredith's sleeping problem. After 25 years my darling husband decided to inform me that I have "Meredith Syndrome." Who knew? He's never mentioned it before. See, that communication thing...

Suggestion for you. Why don't you switch sides of the bed?

Love, Aunt Kris

Brandy Dopkins said...

Honey, I am on the other side of that situation. Paul's snoring is so bad- it's a problem. And I get to decide if I am going to wake him up by hitting him and telling him to roll over, or stay awake myself. He gets upset if I get up and go to the other room, but it's soo loud.

We have also tried that product called SNORESTOP, and it helps, but I actually do use earplugs and Tylenol PM to try to deal with it without hitting him.

I also don't like it when he sleeps facing me and then I breathe his warm breath. Sounds romantic, it's not.