Tuesday, January 16, 2007

When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange...

I'm proud of my title for two reasons.
1. I finally changed to the "New Blogger," something I've been putting off for months. I don't deal with change well. (Only fellow bloggers will probably understand this.)
2. I sound a lot like Peter Brady (or Greg?) from the Brady Bunch episode where they sing that song because his voice is changing.
You know what sucks the most about being sick at work? (Besides actually being at work.) When people find out you're sick. Most people approach my desk already half way through their question, and when I respond as Peter Brady, they take a full step backward (and in the case of the girl who made the headband comment actually hold a folder to their face to protect themselves from any untoward germs) and say, "Are you sick?"
No. Just trying something new. What do you think?
I find this really rude, offensive, and downright hurtful. Do I take a step backward and hold a folder in my face to protect myself from your coffee / garlic breath? Um, no.
Usually to really make these people uncomfortable, I tell them exactly what's wrong with me. Believe it or not, people don't like to hear that I have virtual blisters on my sinuses. I haven't had any repeat business at all today and have gotten a surprising amount of work done.
Yay me.
Also, no one has claimed the sweaters yet, so I'll be wearing one of them to work tomorrow.

No comments: