Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Just some stuff.

Oh, it was hard to come to work this morning!
We had a nice weekend at my parents' shopping and napping, alternately.

On my drive this morning, I got to thinking about all the schools that are starting today, and all those kids out there who are "new." I prayed for the "new kids" this morning, whether they are transplant kids who moved over the summer, starting a new school--like moving from Middle to High School, or whatever the case may be.
It's tough to be the new kid, and even though some of us may have never moved, we all know what it feels like to think we are the outsider.
I dunno. Just something I was thinking about.

In other news, several people have asked for a Richard update.
In short, he's doing really great!
He's been hobbling around without crutches as much as he dares, and even drove home from Wausau last night (no small feat, since he had to clutch with his broken leg). His mood is substantially lifted since he can get up and about a lot more easily and has been able to help me a lot more around the house, which is nice. (I didn't realize how much I relied on him for household duties until he couldn't help any more!)
He's got another check-up appointment next week, where we are hoping to see a vast improvement, and hopefully start to get rid of those crutches!
Thank you very much for all your thoughts and prayers. We are both VERY ready to be a crutch-free household!

On my iPod today:
Jason Mraz
Makes me feel like I'm in college again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Richard's improving. He'll be back to causing his usual trouble in no time. Later...

Katie R. said...

That was nice Erin, to think of the new kids. I never really was an "official" new kid but I always felt like one. My husband and I are thinking about moving next summer and I do worry about Isaiah switching schools. It's nice to know you were praying for all the new children today. Very Nice.

Anonymous said...

I was praying for the school kids today too. But especially for my friend and 4th grade teacher, Janet. Every year it is harder for her to go back. I prayed that she would continue to fill her classroom with the presence of Christ.

Being a "new" kid when you are in high school is especially tough. But Erin and her siblings did it well and grew and were blessed in the process. Graduating from high school in Alabama didn't hold them back at all!