Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thank the Good Lord for Cream Cheese

OK, friends.
I found a recipe on a different blog for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese "Muffins."
OH. MY. STARS.
They will make you thank the good Lord for cream cheese. I'm not kidding. Although, let's be honest. I do that every day.
I had everything in my cupboard to make them. Go for it. You won't regret it.

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar (I used a titch more because I wanted them sweet)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners. Beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Beat in egg, cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cream cheese mixture until flour is moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling them 3/4 full. (Batter will be thick.) Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden, about 20 minutes.

You can thank me after you thank the good Lord.

4 comments:

Cara said...

I love chocolate chip anything, especially muffins! I can't wait to try them! Thanks! :)

Are they low-fat????

Carla said...

I think they are cupcakes, cupcake.

Anonymous said...

But "muffins" makes them sound much healthier, don'tcha think?

Katie R. said...

Muffin. Cupcake. Tomato. ToMahToe. Let's just eat the cream cheese.