Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Truck

WARNING: DINKS story to follow.

On Monday night, while we were still in Wausau, Richard found a truck online in Hudson that he just HAD. TO. HAVE.
We met the seller at Tom Thumb in North Hudson (old school Hudsonites know exactly what I'm talking about, even though it hasn't been Tom Thumb for years), and the truck was deemed perfect by Richard. He called the seller the next morning to tell him we wanted to arrange a purchase.
As soon as the seller agreed, I sprang (sprung?) into action. I opened a savings account at my company's credit union and started the process for getting a loan. I have never done this before and it was more than a little stressful. I was away from my desk off and on for over two hours and was literally sweating by the time I finally got back to my desk, and I don't mind telling you, my Secret for Women failed me yesterday. No matter, though, I got everything settled, retrieved a cashier's check for the seller, handed off the check to Rich, who picked up the truck in Maplewood last night.
He came home later that night and said, "I need to take a break. I feel like things are going too fast."

My mom asked me if it's a "male compensation truck."
How to answer that?
It's a big truck. (Pedro can't get in it without help, and I'm afraid to drive it.)
When we got it, it was covered in NRA, bowhunting, and fishing stickers--complete with "bullet holes" on the tailgate. It even had cammo seat covers and an antenna that looks like a fishing pole. I'd say this truck was definitely compensation for somebody.

Decide for yourself:



11 comments:

Katie R. said...

I'm a truck type of girl, especially Chevy's. I'd have to agree with Richard on this one. That's a suh-weet truck.
ps I used to deer hunt with my husband and his family before I had kids (may explain why I like the truck)

erin said...

Katie,
I must admit...it's a pretty sexy truck. : )

Naomi said...

I LOVE the truck. I went with to pick it up, and even got to snag one of the AWESOME bumper stickers "Vegetarian: An old Indian word for 'Bad Hunter.'" I think it is sweet. And I love all the back row seating for family. I'd say great purchase. Rich looks good driving it too!

Katie R. said...

You'll love driving it soon, if you don't already. It looks like it would "purr" if you punch the accelerator. Yikes! Can you tell I like trucks?

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I clicked the comments because I thought I should give a man's perspective. Oh, about 6,000 woman already beat me to the punch. I am left questioning my own masculinity...looks like I may have a new blog entry.

Joey said...

Do you get a pink VW bug now? :)

Mandi said...

See you this weekend :)The truck better be there, haha!

Anonymous said...

congrats! but you know the rule of driving a truck is you can only listen to country music. which may i say sounds really good in a truck, you are going to be the cutest family driving down the road with the windows down, country music on and baby screaming in the back. also you will love driving the truck! it has to do with the way you feel driving the truck.
love sasha

Anonymous said...

Ok people... I found out today that Pedro can get in the truck but he is afraid to jump down! All of the stickers have been removed and the cammo seat covers are spoken for. That being said... Who wants the fishing pole radio antanna???? Eh? EH? *nudge* nudge*

-Rich

kristi noser said...

MEEEEEE!!!!

Wouldn't Poppers love that?????

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new man toy, Richard! Just be careful on your leg as you get in and out of it! :)

~CARA