Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Close! But no cigar...

Oh, so close.
Richard had the opportunity to meet my troublesome co-worker today!
We went to the company store over lunch and ran into him. I said, "Richard this is my co-worker that I was telling you about, remember? His name is Blank Blanketyblank."
I watched Richard's face for any sign of recognition, for his eyes to light up at the mention of his name. Nothing. I thought, 'Wow, Richard is a good faker.' They shook hands and chatted (which consisted of many compliments to me and actual finger-pointing on Blank's part at my pregnant tummy) and then we went our separate ways.
As we walked to the car, I waited for Richard to say something.
Finally I said, "So, what did you think?"
"Think of what?"
"That was HIM!!"
"WHAT?! That was HIM? Man, if I had known that, I would have given him the death grip! He would have remembered me for days."
Sigh...

7 comments:

Jodi said...

I totally understand. Brian would have reacted the EXACT same way! Sometimes your blogs really remind my why they are best friends!

Kristin said...

Boys, you gotta love 'em. What else are you gonna do with 'em?

Katie R. said...

I realize your frustration but I have to apologize. I have nothing to say about the situation because I now have that song that goes, I tow 15 tons and what do I get another day older and deeper in debt...I owe my soul to the company store.

Unknown said...

yo easy E, you want me to come up there and take care of this guy? NEW BLOG check it out.

theswamphare said...

Grrr. I think Rich and I should both meet you for lunch and you can intro me as your disturbed, war-torn, over-protective commando friend...

The Kasper Kin-Da Boards said...

jeez. richard really dropped the ball there.

Jolene said...

doh!

oops.

now mr. co-worker thinks he has hubby's approval and that you say nice things about him! :)