Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back with a Bang

I've been wrestling with what to blog about for my return to bloggerville.

The VP called this morning to ask me to find three very high-ranking members of the division and ask them to call him within 5 minutes. I usually don't get too nervous about talking to these men, but for some reason today, I was just a titch nervous. I was flattered that the VP called me in his own assistant's absence and I didn't want to let him down. Five minutes isn't very long when you're looking for people.
I went into one of their offices (didn't knock), said, "The VP asked you to--"
I immediately interrupted myself by tripping on my clog and hitting the floor.
I'm not freaking kidding. It was like a bad SNL skit.
I'm fine, baby is fine. I caught myself without falling really hard.
I'm just totally mortified.

Heeeere's your blog.

13 comments:

angie said...

bah. and welcome back! i've missed you. :)

Kelli said...

Classic.

Welcome back. With a bang.

Carla said...

Hi! You're back!
Sorry about the fall. Glad you and bun are fine! Man, if I had a nickel for every time I trip and fall.....

Jolene said...

Oh, Erin!!!! Oh no! I know it's not funny but I can't stop laughing. Glad all went well and no one was hurt, though. But I have to ask, is your face still red or has it recovered as well?

kristi noser said...

On the good side, he'll remember you.

-V- said...

Yay - you're back! Expect a promotion... VPs like people falling at their feet. ;-)

Mandi said...

You really ARE the Ugly Betty of 3M. I mean, you DID wear orange and black on Halloween. Haha...

theswamphare said...

Yaaaaayy!

1. Did you complete your task, as assigned?

2. Did you get to select which 3 high-ranking people like a scavenger-hunt or was he specific?

3. Did he laugh like it was 1979 SNL or was it like the SNL of SNL where no one laughs?

theswamphare said...

that's supposed to be 'SNL of 2007'...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

You are so like your mother! I am so proud. lovemom

erin said...

Swampy,
1. Yes.
2. No, they were specific.
3. No laughter. It was like he was part of the skit. He said, "You ok there?"

Uh...no.

zcoffeegirl said...

OMS that is funny. I'm glad you are okay. Good to see you back. I once shook the hand of the President of Moody Bible Institute and introduced myself as Sheri Reynertson. (I had been married for 5 years...I gave my maiden name...what's up with that?)

Elisabeth said...

yay to being back! I'm sorry you fell. I do stuff like that constantly.

I missed your blog. It keeps me sane at work!