Friday, December 07, 2007

Weight

I've been gaining a lot of weight lately.
Word weight.
I binge and binge and binge on words because I love them. I eat them up. I love to see how I can put them together and take them apart. I love to see how other people, authors, journalists and some bloggers do it, too.
I read a lot. I read a lot online and I read a lot of books. I read for entertainment and for edification.
I love words. It's a part of my soul. A part of my spiritual make-up. A gift.
I didn't realize, however how much words weigh. How many calories I'm taking in with the words I devour on a regular basis.
They're going straight to my hips. I'm hippy enough, ifyouknowwhatImean.
I binge and binge and now it's time to purge.
I've had enough of looking this way, feeling weighed down and responsible for the slow-motion car wreck that you just can't look away from.
It's like a girl with her thong underwear sticking out from the back of her pants. Somebody you don't like with food in their teeth. A bad toupee. A slow-motion slide onto a snowdrift.
You just can't look away.
I'm looking away now.
It's time for the fast.
I need to lose some weight--and quickly.
It's 40 days in the desert for me and Haiku Lady.
Or...however long it takes for me to figure out what God wants for me and my word-loving spirit. This is, after all, all for Him, right? Am I doing that? Am I doing this (or anything for Him?) Hence, the fast.




I will, however be updating my baby blog since that's for my baby in the end.