Sunday, November 18, 2007

Flip Rolls

Flip Buns?
I made up a recipe tonight. At least I think I did. I can't decide to call them Flip Rolls or Flip Buns.
I guess I'm leaning more toward Flip Rolls because it sounds like a command that would really confuse Pedro. Thoughts?

Turn Hawaiian sweet rolls upside down in a pan.
Don't bother greasing.
Melt 1/2 stick of butter with 1/2C brown sugar in a small saucepan on the stove.
Stir in a dash of cinnamon and a drop or two of vanilla.
Stir, stir, stir.
Pour mixture over rolls.
Sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until you can't take it anymore.
Let cool (if you want) and eat.

I couldn't even get a photo before we had eaten half the pan.





These are very healthy and calorie free.
I swear.
A word of caution: Turn off your burners.
Oops.

8 comments:

kristi noser said...

I say you should call them Hawaiian Monkey Balls.

zcoffeegirl said...

hahahahah...Kristi!!!

NoOtherName said...

Shame on you, Kristi _____ Noser (don't know your middle name) for giving something so yummy such an ishy name!

Carla said...

Hawaiian Monkey Flip Balls.

kristi noser said...

We always call the dessert that has biscuit dough and caramel sauce monkey balls--what were you thinking of Jen?

Naomi said...

Those look SO YUMMY!!!

angie said...

i've totally made (and eaten) monkey balls. the pastries.

Katie R. said...

At our house we say "bread". Monkey bread. That way there's no confusion. :)