Sunday, November 11, 2007

Retreat!

I didn't get much done at the quilting retreat.
I couldn't drag my quiltin' rear out of bed long enough to do anything.
I didn't make it past 11pm any night we were there (nor did I rise before 10am any morning). Last night I went to take a "nap" at 9:30, fully intending to come back to my machine an hour later.
I woke up at 1:30 when Mom and Sarah came to bed, at which point, Mom said, "Don't you wish you could sleep through your whole pregnancy and wake up with a baby, like Rumplestiltskin?"
I said, "I'm not sure if I would rather wake up to a baby or a beard."

I'll show you the quilt eventually. It's gonna be cool. If I can stay awake long enough to finish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got a lot of quilting done. It is going to be beautiful, and you have about 18 weeks to get it done. But who's counting! Thanks for including me. lovemom

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Rumplestiltskin woke up with a baby . . .

Katie R. said...

Glad you're back. Can't wait to see photos. Can we see pictures even if it's not finished?

kristi noser said...

Yeah ed, and the baby had a beard from what I hear...

Cara said...

Glad you had fun at the retreat. Sorry I didn't make it up there. Next year YOU will be the one with the beautfil babe that hinders all your fun. Just kidding--I wouldn't trade it for the world (motherhood). And someday, hopefully I can A) learn how to quilt and B) come quilting with you! Thanks for the invite! :)

Anonymous said...

Your quilt will be so cute!! I love the fabrics that you picked out. (I had good intentions of finishing the main part of my quilt yesterday, but ended up taking a super long nap instead:) Will I ever feel awake again???

Sarah