Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Stuff and more random ideas

1. Look at my new table!
I've wanted a "breakfast table" since we moved in to our house!
Thank you, Josh & Cara for opening up your garage to us! Such a fun night, and really made me thankful for young married friends. You guys are the best.
2. I leave for the quilting retreat TOMORROW!!
3. My mom is going on the quilting retreat!!
As Kristi mentioned, I have not looked forward to a retreat this much in a LONG time. I am VERY excited to get out of here and work on my baby quilt. Expect photos next week.
4. I'm turning off my phone this weekend.
I'm on vacation. Don't try to get ahold of me. : )
5. My book club rules! Meeting every other Tuesday with two AWESOME chicas is better than I expected. Not that I expected it to be bad, but...you know what I mean.
6. A co-worker returned today from maternity leave. I said, "You look so good!! Welcome back!"
I should have stopped there. Instead I went on to say,
"Your face is back to normal!"
What the crap is wrong with me?
I guess The Office phenomenon goes both ways...
7. Happy Birthday, Brandy!! Love you!
p.s. I reserve the right to blog more later today.

14 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I was wondering if you were coming to quilt retreat! I will see you up there. It's excited to think that in March Naomi was working on her baby's quilts and now you are! Excited to see you again. Keep bloggin today, I have a painstaking 1 hour and 15 minutes left of work until I'm on vacation and it's going to go by slow!

Brandy Dopkins said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, sista. Have super fun on the retreat, especially with your mom!

I think what you said is hilarious- not that I would ever wish to have said it myself... but that's what we have you for. :)

Carla said...

Happy Retreating!! So glad you get to hang out. Oh, and quilt.

Cara said...

The table looks awesome!!! I am so happy to see you guys enjoying it! If you are ever in the need for something else, it is probably in our garage, and we probably want to get rid of it! :)

Have fun this weekend! I can't wait to see the baby quilt!

zcoffeegirl said...

Have a blast...young married life...ahhh....so much fun. Well, most of it was. But that's not for your blog! :) What is with me emoting on your blog? I must feel so comfortable....good grief.

erin said...

Sheri, you have no idea how happy that makes me.

zcoffeegirl said...

As long as you're happy, sweets.....

Katie R. said...

Enjoy your weekend. You can think of all the cuddling you will do with your tiny bundle, while you're quilting.

-V- said...

HA! "YOU'RE FACE IS BACK TO NORMAL???!!!" That has to be some kind of record... and makes me feel marvelous. :-)

Almost as good as my recent comment to a co-worker at a co-worker's shower a month or so ago. "So - are you two due around the same time?" Her response: "Um - no; I had my baby 2 years ago - I'm just still fat." Whoa. Good one, huh? Someone kick me.

Carla said...

Are you home yet?

Anonymous said...

It's kind of like those commericals for Southwest Airlines where they "wanna get away" but all I can say is been there done that. I feel your pain but had to laugh.

Farf

Katie R. said...

Why do I keep checking this blog? I know nobody's home. You ditched us for a bunch of fabric. Come home already!

Kelli said...

Friend ditcher, belly itcher.

I crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Erin, I hope you had a great weekend at the retreat and can't wait to hear about it.