Thursday, November 01, 2007

Random Thoughts

These are the things on my mind today:

Is a male receptionist called a "receptioner?"

Somebody left a stack of post-its on the counter in the copy room and wrote "Take me," on each pad. I added "Please."

Tonight is our last Bible Study for Alpha. It's bitter sweet. A stunted period of thought and growth.

Even though now that my dad is retired he'll probably be easier to get ahold of, it seems very strange that he's not an instant message away anymore. Again, bitter sweet.

What the crap happened to my best friend? I haven't heard from her since mid-August.

I got smiled at by three people on my way in to the building this morning. Great big, "Glad you're here!" smiles. Made me wonder if I had something stuck to my face.

I am SO ready for Thanksgiving. I think it's my all-time favorite holiday.

I dreamt that I drove off of a cliff the other night. I woke up before my car hit the water. Terrifying.


Random thoughts are sweet,
but not as sweet as you, dear--
my list of cookies.

5 comments:

-V- said...

Mmmmm.... turkey and mashed taters... If you think about it, we have more random thoughts than organized thoughts (at least I do) - it's a wonder anything ever gets organized and articulated in a meaningful way. Miraculous, really. I'm glad it happens though. And - even your random thoughts are pretty articulate. Hoping your pain is getting better...

theswamphare said...

Hmmm, a post on random thoughts.....buckle yer seat belts; it's gonna get interesting!

BTW; tried watching 'Ugly Betty' didn't get it....20-something angst?

zcoffeegirl said...

Finally, no more sniglets..or whatever they're called. I like random. Pregnant dreams can be so terrifying or so satisfying.

Kristin said...

Sniglet alert! Polish twins: first cousins born on the same day.

Sorry coffeegirl

angie said...

i suspect the smiles are due to your tummy!! WOOT for showing! i think that's the best evidence there is. i can never help smiling like an idiot at pregnant women. love them!