Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Swanksgiving

Ever since Carla's post, we don't say "thanks" at our house. We say "swanks."
This year I am swankful for Swanksgiving.
I am swankful for the long weekend.
I am swankful for the family time.
I am even swankful for the road trip we're taking today at 1pm.
I am swankful to get away from work for a little while.
I am swankful that the weather should be good for our drive down.
I am especially swankful that my brother will be there this year (!!!).
I am swankful that Carla posted about Swanks so that I won't get all teary-eyed when I'm writing about what I'm swankful for, since I'm really a lot more swankful than is easy to express in blogdom, which, I am also very swankful for.

God's blessings on your Swanksgiving, everyone. I hope you all enjoy my favorite holiday.

What's your number one Swanks this year?

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I'm swankful for Jeremy's new job, and exspecially swankful for his company flying him home for christmas! I am also swankful that a coworker is working 5 of my 8 hour shift for me tomorrow so I can spend time with my family!

oh and I'm swankful for friends like you and kristi!

I love the swanks, I might have to steal it for my post later today.

Carla said...

Swanks for the linkylove! Man, Swanksgiving is sometimes overlooked, but I love it too!
I am swankful for God's mercy and love, the hubs and the cherubs. Oh, and the mispronunciations of said cherubs. Nafer Nafe!!

Unknown said...

Erin?

I think my son ghost-wrote this post for you.

Jolene said...

I'm most grateful to God for the gift of my friends and family. How wonderful to be so loved despite myself!

kristi noser said...

Swanks for the Stream family without which we would still be saying "thanks".

-V- said...

I, for one, am still very thankful for the word, "THanks". :-) And Eva (whose mispronunciations I cannot wait to share with you all)....

And blogging too.

Carla said...

Are you home yet?