Thursday, November 29, 2007

Resolution

I'm making a New Year's Resolution.
I'm not sure if it's 11 months late or one month early...
Doesn't matter.
My goal?
To be on time for work at 90% or better between now and March 1, 2008.
By my count, there are 63 work days between now and then.
90% of 63 is ~57 days.
"On time" means at or before 8:00am every day.
There is nothing that keeps me more accountable than my blog, so here goes. So far I'm 1 for 1. We're off to a good start.

This could be a great experiment.
Hypothesis:
The ENFP, when put in a situation where she is forced to go against the grain of her P-ness, will more than likely fail miserably. When kept accountable, however, by herself and her blog-friends, has a much higher chance of success.

6 comments:

angie said...

i wish you the best of luck!

Katie R. said...

Get to work! Was that helpful?

Jolene said...

Is it the P-ness that affects being on time and whatnot?

Hmm... then what in my J-ness is my excuse???

Good luck. It's a very hard habit to change but something tells me that you have the gumption to actually do it!

theswamphare said...

Well, give me a key and I promise to bring all 3 RRidgebacks over at least twice a week (you'll never know what day) and if you're still home I'll throw warm chicken fat -Cheryl's idea- on you and let the dogs loose. That oughta help you get a wiggle on.

-V- said...

Yikes - lock up your keys! The thought that that's a 'P' thing is really appealing to me... but I relate with Jolene. I'm late too. Every day. Especially now that I'm blogging. Maybe there's a secret 5th MB indicator: morning person vs. non-morning person. Never found anything that helps except my manager saying something (which does the trick for about 6 mo.). Good thing I'm an "independent individual contributor" ... :-)

theswamphare said...

I sure hope you keep making it to work on time; how else could we read your blog?