Monday, October 29, 2007

Aaahhhh...Ehhhh...Owww...

The chiropractor helped tremendously.
He spent quite a while with me and about half way through the appointment I felt my body relax and go, "Ahhhh."
I actually feel a little hungover from the pain. Sort of drowsy and dazed now that I'm not in as much pain anymore. He sent me home with a couple trial packets of bio freeze (which will stay at my desk since I'm getting the real deal from Cara tonight). I felt a lot better on my way back to work, but I can feel myself tensing up again. I'm at about a 3 or 4 for pain right now, though, which is a heckuvalot better than a 9!
Thanks for your prayers. I think they really helped. If it comes across your mind, please pray that we will be able to get this under control soon.
Word to the wise--biofreeze under your wedding band is slightly uncomfortable.

7 comments:

zcoffeegirl said...

Oh...I am losing my mind..so glad that you had help....what exactly is biofreeze?

Katie R. said...

Ohh Maaan! I will pray for everything to work itself out soon. I promise the adjustments will help. Can you go more often? Daily? Sometimes the subluxations are stubborn and need to be told what to do more often. Hey....kind of like children? Hang in there I'll be praying, let us know.

Kristin said...

Biofreeze rocks and it doesn't smell like some of the otc products. Hang in there sweetie. Stretch on your own and go to the chiro when you can.

Laura said...

I have struggled with all sorts of aches and pains physically with my first pregnancy (especially low back when standing at the kitchen sink!). Not to bad yet during this one. Hang in there! It does get better and you can make it through. I actually developed some sort of carpel tunnel type stuff in my arms when I started nursing my munchkin because of how I sat! Made life challenging, but my chiropractor fixed me right up!

-V- said...

So true about - when you have back pain - how it seems like it will always be like that. You wonder if something's 'finally snapped' and it's just going to stay that way from now on... I don't think that happens to people very often though. We'll pray it will keep getting better. Thank you, Lord, for chiropractors!

erin said...

I have good blogfriends.

Cara said...

Erin,
I am so impressed with your blogfriends! They are all so chiropractically-sound! Someone is doing a great job of educating them, and in turn you are getting a ton of support! Coffeegirl, Biofreeze is sort of like BenGay, but it is an all-natural product that contains ilex for deep penetrating effects! Erin, continued prayers for your continued relief!