Thursday, October 25, 2007

Last Meal

While I was waiting at the Chiropractor today (I got a new chiropractor!!! Yay!!!), I read an article in Time Magazine that asked all kinds of famous chefs what they would choose as their last meal.
Mine:
First course: Chop salad with plenty of blue cheese straight from France.
Secound course: Al dente pasta with a spicy cheese sauce of some sort (with blue or gorgonzola cheese as the base). It's gotta be good, though. No Olive Garden BS for my last meal. Nosiree.
Third course: More cheeses and of course, SAUSAGE. Spicy, smoked, maybe even breakfast. Once again--good stuff. No Jimmy Dean for my last meal. Send me Andoullie straight from Louisiana, thankyouverymuch.
Fourth course: McDonald's sausage McMuffin with egg and french fries.
Dessert: Potato chips. Plain.
If a midnight snack is an option for my last meal, it will obviously be Oreos and very, VERY cold Vitamin D milk.


Please note, I have thought long and hard about this list. It is in NO WAY determined by my pregnant cravings. Really. Well, maybe the Oreos. This meal also assumes that I have a bottomless stomach. This is imaginary. Roll with it.
Ha! Pun intended.

What would your last meal be?

12 comments:

Cara said...

Who is your new DC? You do know that I will take care of you whenever you need it, right???

Oh, and my last meal would be chocolate, more chocolate, and all kinds of pastas--lasagna, cheese canneloni, stuffed shells, cheese-filled ravioli, oh, and maybe a tasty italian salad? And how about some chocolate cake?

erin said...

So...basically chocolage and garlic?
Nice.
Mine is basically carbs, garlic and red pepper. Same diff, really. : )

erin said...

chocolaTe!
What's WRONG with me today?!

Naomi said...

hmmm cara, that meal sounds strangely familiar... please don't say that is your last meal!

Katie R. said...

Erin if you love cheese that much have I got a salad for you. In Stillwater is a little known restaurant called Phil's Tara-Hideaway. They have a salad called Gorgonzola Pear Salad and can I say I'd be happy if that alone were my last meal. The pears are warm, there's nuts, cheese, salad greens and a light dressing that is just bea.u.ti.ful. I cried the first time I ate it, no kidding. It's that good.

erin said...

Katie...hmmm...let's do our next blog brunch THERE!

Katie R. said...

If it's after we've moved, I'm in.

-V- said...

First course: Mom's beef barley soup with bread to dip. Second: Groovy's Indian curry/Garam Masala chicken with Raita and mango lassis. Dessert: Warm, sweet Guava Duff from Bahamas... And maybe a stiff rum 'n' coke to wash it all down. ;-)

Carla said...

I gotta get out more. I hardly understood a word of these so called foods.

kristi noser said...

When the sisters and I went to San Fransisco our cousins took us to this place on the waterfront. There is where I would like to eat my last meal. Crab Cakes Benedict. Honestly, the best thing I have ever tasted.

zcoffeegirl said...

I guess I'm simple....warm chocolate cookie bars and a tall glass of cold orange juice. It's my fav. breakfast...don't knock it until you've tried it. Great combination.

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by the apparent dissonance between the good sausage from LA and the McDonald's sausage McMuffin. I think this is symptomatic of the many inherent contradictions we have to come to terms with as human beings.

If the bottomless stomach is an option, my last meal would be reeeeally long and would consist of one slice of pepperoni and sausage pizza from every restaurant in the world.