Monday, October 15, 2007

M&M's

This weekend with the fam, we were discussing food.
Noonie and Aunt Lori don't like it when their food touches on their plate.
Naturally, this led to a discussion about M&M's. Apparently Lori and Mandi also separate their M&M's and eat them by color.
I remember taking road trips to Nebraska and my mom would put an M&M in her mouth and tell us what color it was. To this day, I still don't know HOW SHE KNEW!!!
Anyhow, after our M&M's discussion at the table, I thought to myself, "I'm glad I don't have any weird quirks like that."
So, today I'm eating Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's, and sure enough, what am I doing?
I dumped them all out and am eating whichever color has the MOST in the pile. I work down the line from there.
I guess we're all a little weird.

7 comments:

-V- said...

Cool - it's like the opposite of 'survival of the fittest'; you went after the healthiest herds of M&Ms first. How anti-Darwin of you.

The green ones are the best.

Anonymous said...

!!! I do the same thing with candy...

Mandi said...

I also attack the big groups first. I then eat each group down to highest possible odd number that is common among all the color groups. Then I put them in certain shapes and designs. I change the design as I eat an M&M from each pile to form a new design.

You get the idea.

It's a very complicated process.

Cara said...

M&M's sound so good right now.....

Kristin said...

I mentioned green M&M's to a young man the other day and he had no idea what I was talking about. Have they changed the formula?

Joey said...

I used to eat them the exact same way. I guess I still have my quirks too. My wife was laughing at me the other day because I eat fruit salad by the fruit. First the peaches, then the grapes, then the strawberries...but definitely not all at the same time!

theswamphare said...

everyone does that; I save the yellow and brown ones for last then alternate and try and see if the last one left can be yellow.

Swampy