Monday, October 29, 2007

Perfect 10

At the risk of sounding like a whiner, my pain level is at a 9 this morning.
I'd say I reached a perfect 10 on Saturday night somewhere around 3am.
I made it through yesterday with ice packs and Tylenol. I have a chiropractor appointment at 11 today.
I think I really hit rock bottom standing in the shower last night crying.
A simple formula:
Intense neck pain + hormones + exhaustion = discouragement and uncontrollable weeping.
(I just fought the urge to write "= priceless," but the truth is that I'm not really in the mood for jokes.)
Please keep me in your prayers today. I'm trying not to be too discouraged about my neck (it's as if I've thrown out my back, but only my neck...make sense?), but. But, what if it's like this when the baby is born? What if I can't pick up my baby? What if I feel this way for the rest of my pregnancy? What if it NEVER goes away?
Anyhow, like I said, at the risk of sounding like a whiner, please keep me in your prayers today.

12 comments:

theswamphare said...

That's maximum suckage; if I could take your pain load on mine, I would; instead I'll pray that God relieves you of this burden. I have a TENS unit I could deliver, or some hot packs.

Swampy

Naomi said...

I'm sorry Erin. Is there anything I can do for you? I will keep you in my prayers today.

Jolene said...

I'm so sorry for you. Yes, definitely will be praying for you; and for what it's worth, that is SO NOT whining - you're in dire need of help! God bless you today!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I'm praying for you today.

Carla said...

I'm sorry. Praying for relief.

zcoffeegirl said...

Gotcha covered, sweets. Praying the doc. brings relief.

LadyD said...

Heat! Heat! Heat! Not Ice packs- That is what my Chiro. says for severe neck pain. I guess it loosens the muscles.??? I hope it helps, Can you take Advil? It helps my neck by reducing swelling-If you need a natural remedy have somebody rub Castor Oil on your whole neck- up to your head, and down to your back. Laura

Cara said...

I know a good chiropractor that will give you all the TLC you need.... and Biofreeze! Hang in there!

zcoffeegirl said...

okay..you didn't actually say you were headed to the chiro.....my bad...I had to go to the chiro when I was pregnant with boy #2. I was afraid to go because I was pregnant, but it helped me soooo much. I still go to the same guy 9 years later in Stillwater. Love him. Let me know if you need his name.

erin said...

Yes I did! And he was very helpful!

theswamphare said...

E., it may have worked, asking for your pain; I hope you feel better.

Swampy

erin said...

Aww...Swampy. I'm so sorry.