Friday, October 12, 2007

Dear Levis,

I would like to extend a literary handshake to the brilliant mind that came up with STRETCH JEANS.
Which bozo on your board of directors said, "I have a great idea! Let's make all of our jeans 98% cotton and 2% lycra from now on! We'll replace ALL of our jeans with stretchy jeans and make it impossible to find a regular pair of jeans anywhere!!!"? I'd like to meet him.
How do I know it's a "him?" It can't have been a woman. No self-respecting woman looks forward to having a "saggy butt" after two hours of wearing her jeans that fit fine this morning.
If I wanted my jeans to sag and fall down as I walk from the parking lot to work on my FIVE "Nice Jeans Days" out of the year, I would buy them that way.
Yes, I paid $25 to a charity for the priveledge of wearing jeans every Friday between now and Thanksgiving. Yes, this is something I greatly look forward to. Sad? Perhaps.
Not the point.
I want my $25 back. From you.
The joy of "Nice Jeans Days" is smeared all over the pavement like a dead raccoon because I have to pull my pants up all day. All day. A belt does not help. The pants stretch and sag AROUND the belt.
I want my $25 back, because that's at least what it cost me in pride for knowing that my boss saw my ass crack this morning when I reached under my desk to turn on my heater. Not because my jeans were inappropriately low. Oh, no. Because they fit at 7:30 this morning, and by 9, they were three sizes too big.
Thank you very much, Levis.
Please send the check to my home.
Sincerely pissed off and stretched out,
Erin

9 comments:

kristi noser said...

I for one love stretch jeans. But my rear is bigger than yours. Maybe more Oreos? Just thinkin'.

zcoffeegirl said...

Maybe you could stand under the hair dryer at work and hum a little...maybe they'll shrink just like they do in the dryer. If not, you may have a chance for a duet...in the bathroom.

hannahjane said...

Barthman was actually asked to leave by the rest of the band. McConniville and i were talking about it and it sounded like the rest of the guys didn't think he was taking the band seriously enough. It's a bummer but I'm sure Simon made the right decision.

-V- said...

LOL!!! DARE you to send it!! ;-)

Kristin said...

Dear Erin, Perhaps your bedonkadonk magically shrinks when you get to work. That could explain super relaxed jeans. Well, it could happen, in our dreams, it could!

KatieLauren said...

I have no idea how I found your site but I thought I would share that I too have a dog named Pedro...and still find humor in it every day!

Cara said...

Maybe you will appreciate your stretch jeans when your belly starts to protrude? I do! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy am I glad I'm a dude. And I'm even gladder I'm not that dude at Levi's.

Scholar and Sailor said...

Today I saw a girl with legs up to her chin and approximately -4% body fat wearing high-waisted skinny jeans. This is normally where I'm supposed to say she looked good...but she didn't. She looked awful! I completely sympathize - who ARE these people?!