Wednesday, October 31, 2007

In the Spirit of Things

I finally found my Halloween dish towels last night. I figure better late than never.
Richard and I also made caramel puff corn last night to get in the fall spirit. Actually, I made it and Richard morally supported me from the couch. Then I had to hide it from him to save myself some for tonight. Remember the Little Red Hen? Anyway...
This morning I decided to try to dress a little bit festive. I'm wearing my peachy-orange corduroy blouse (that I only wear once a year), black pants, and halloween socks. I think I look pretty cute. I thought for SURE that others would dress similarly--you know those appliqued sweaters with pumpkins or SOMETHING like that.
But no.
I'm officially Ugly Betty.
At least I didn't wear cat ears or something like that. Or paint my face. Oh, Lord, how humiliating would THAT have been?
Well, Happy Halloween, everybody. I'm expecting major trick or treating action tonight. I always like to see everybody's costumes.
Can you believe it's almost November? Seems like I was just complaining about changing my calendar to October... : )
Also, if you don't watch Ugly Betty, how can you not watch Ugly Betty?! It's totally one of my favorites.

3 comments:

angie said...

haha! i so know what you mean! i'm only mildly fall/halloween themed today (just brown pants with a reddish-orange sweater) but everyone else (i SWEAR) is wearing pastels! where is the halloween spirit, people?!

kristi noser said...

Coulda been Bridget Jones at the Tarts and Vickers' party.

-V- said...

Halloweenies: Adults who dress in full costume garb AT WORK (WITH NO KIDS AROUND) and fight over who has the best costume. JK! No offense! I'm not in a fight!! ;-)