Thursday, October 18, 2007

Blogworthy

If anyone in the bathroom with me this afternoon has a blog, I'm pretty sure I probably made it on to their posts for today.
Let me explain.
Last week, I had the joy of getting together with an old friend from my past. She heard about my lip troubles and reached out to me. She had two kinds of cream for me to try and a third as a recommendation. Unfortunately, none of them turned out to be safe for pregnancy, so yet again, I'm out of ideas. At least I WAS. (At any rate, it was AWESOME to see you, Kris!)
I read an article recently about Safflower Oil.
The article said that Safflower Oil is in many high-end and highly effective mosturizers--the kind you find at Saks Fifth Avenue, Barney's, and Macy's. It suggested using straight up Safflower Oil as a moisturizer and can be found in most grocery stores.
Can you see where I'm going here?
In a last-ditch effort to save my lips, I made the trek to Cub today over lunch (with another admin friend who is very interested in the outcome of my chapping) in search of Safflower Oil.
I found it alright. A whole gallon.
Did I let the sheer volume of oil stop me?
Oh no.
From Cub we walked to the Dollar Store (with my gallon of oil under my arm) to look for a small bottle or container so I could keep some of the miracle oil at my desk or in my purse, etc (I'm not too thrilled about putting a bottle of oil in my purse, so we may need to be a little more creative...). {Vonda, did I punctuate this sentence properly? The "etc." threw me off.} We seached literally for 15 minutes before I found a package of small bottles with tight enough seals to risk it.
Then we went back to work.
This is where my blogworthiness comes in.
Imagine what I must have looked like to the other women in the bathroom, pouring my gallon jug of Safflower Oil into smaller containers. Sure, I could have waited til I got home, but I'm starting to get desperate. Actually...I think I crossed over into Desperateville about three weeks ago when I smeared a piece of bacon all over my lips.
Anyway, if I had seen me, I would have blogged about me.
I'm just saying.
I'm trying the miracle oil momentarily.
I'll keep you all posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~
*Update*
This is the article I originally read about it!
The oil tastes...oily, but honestly seems to be helping. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

14 comments:

theswamphare said...

that's a slick idea.

erin said...

wah, wah.

kristi noser said...

BACON????

erin said...

Shut up.

Carla said...

I have no words. Miracle.

Anonymous said...

This story made me laugh out loud! Best of luck to you, friend. I understand your desperation.

-V- said...

What in the world?!? Someone needs to make a collective list of the things that aren't safe for pregnancy because lip balms certainly wouldn't have made it onto mine... (not that that matters). :-)

Hm - I think you need a period after 'etc.' even if you don't intend to end the sentence. We should definitely ask Lynne Truss (of Eats Shoots & Leaves). Light on the periods is understandable for you though.

Duncan has suggested dog kisses; have you tried the Pedro method?

Anonymous said...

I have tried rubbing bacon on my lips, but it wasn't to treat anything in particular.

Anonymous said...

You must look kissable and glossy. Don't dribble on your shirt! lovemom

zcoffeegirl said...

Oh my goodness...just caught up on all the angry blogs, the lips, the swearing....I missed out on all the fun. I love Carla the tattle tale. I still think Kristi will get more votes than Hillary. She doesn't scare me. She's wacked.

-V- said...

Who: Kristi or Hillary??

kristi noser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristi noser said...

Did it work?

erin said...

And Ed wins the prize. Funniest comment on this post.