Monday, October 29, 2007

Still Got It


For one of Mandi's classes, she has to take the Myers-Briggs personality test.
So...we took it together tonight. Click here for a free link.
I thought that maybe I had changed in the couple of years I've been married but it appears that I'm even more of an ENFP than I thought.
Here are some pertinent quotes I found about my personality:
"ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him."
This is the one that made Richard laugh out loud:
"Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP..."
Oh, so true.
What is it about these personality tests that is so satisfying?
Is it my own vanity? I want to be affirmed by Mr. Myers and Mr. Briggs so badly that I'm willing to sit at a computer and take the test again despite the fact that I can feel my neck seizing up...just to confirm that what I thought was true: I'm an Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiver.
"[For the ENFP], nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil."
That's a lot to think about...
I think this post is almost done.
Close enough.

For the record, Mandi is ISFJ and Richard is ISTJ. : )
According to the Jung Marriage Test, Richard and I are an "unsatisfactory" match. Hmmm...
Mandi and I however would make a good couple. Go figure.
OH! You'll be glad to know that my P-ness is still very strong.

13 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh man we look so great. Look at my uneven sweatshirt strings! Oh, by the way, i'm sitting right next to you.

zcoffeegirl said...

Most of my fav. people are ENFP's...my husband, for one. Every shirt he owns has a memory. He still has the shirt that he wore the day he asked me to marry him. Amongst many, many other things. I am an ISFJ and would love to organize, throw and make a list.

kristi noser said...

I just took the test and my letters are the same ESFJ, but I scored 100% on the extraversion--shocker huh?

Unknown said...

I always try to break these tests but fail. Since the first time, in college, I am still an INFJ/ISFJ hybrid.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was Ms. Myers and Ms. Briggs - ?

Kelli said...

Thanks for the link. Just took it again and I came out an ISFJ. Told you I waffle around in the middle, there. Strong on the I and the S, moderate (!) on the F and the J. What??

I think some of these questions could be answered differently given the circumstances.

erin said...

Um, thanks, Ed.
Close enough.

Scholar and Sailor said...

Mr C. and I are also 'unsatisfactory' - I'm and INFP/INTP and he's and ENTJ.

Opposites attract....

angie said...

what i want to know is: where's the cat?

Anonymous said...

My husband (ENFP) and I (ISFJ) always thought it would be fun to make a Myers-Briggs joke book. Like, "How many ENFPs does it take to change a light bulb?"

We don't have a punch line yet.

Of course, it only takes one ISFJ to change it. We make a list and get it done.

erin said...

An ENFP wouldn't change the lightbulb. She would decide that she can live in semi-darkness for a couple more days.

Kelli said...

Then they would call a host of their friends to come over for dinner, discuss everything BUT the light bulb, solve the world's problems and it still wouldn't get changed.

Right on, Kris!

Anonymous said...

I always knew that I liked Richard, but now I know why! I am an ISTJ. Guess you married your mother not your father. I wonder what I was 20 years ago. lovemom