Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pinched

One of my co-workers noticed that I am walking stiffly.
I told her about the pain and seizing I've been having in my neck.
"I went to the chiropractor twice yesterday and I have another appointment today and tomorrow," I told her.
She said, "I used to get my neck adjusted all the time until I read an article in a magazine that said that if your adjustment isn't done carefully you can get a pinched nerve...which can kill you."
She looked at me, waiting to see how I would respond.
I waited a beat.
"I guess I'm willing to take that risk."
"Ok..." she said warningly. "I hope you feel better."

Do you ever have days, conversations, arguments. coworkers or friends with whom you just can't win?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have offered her your chiro's phone number.
love sash

Anonymous said...

Erin, I know exactly what you mean. I'm still praying for you.

LadyD said...

Wonder who wrote the article- probably a medical doctor who doesn't believe in chiropractic- L.

Cara said...

Don't worry Erin--we aren't going to pinch any nerves!!!

zcoffeegirl said...

I could write a book on well-meaning comments. Blow it off, sweet thing. You'll be fine. God's hands are on your chiropractor's hands. Unbelievable..I'm feeling a little ticked off at the moment. (my own baggage from such comments)

erin said...

It's ok, Coffeegirl. Let it out. My blog can be the pillow that you scream in to.
: )

kristi noser said...

"Well if I don't get this thing fixed soon, I might kill YOU!"

zcoffeegirl said...

thanks..Erin...I do sort of let it all hang out on your blog...good therapy..this blogging.

Joey said...

"Do you ever have days, conversations, arguments. coworkers or friends with whom you just can't win?"

What's there to win or lose? She's the dingbat, right? So you've already won! :)